DO YOU KNOW THE BASICS?
Is your use of a handgun subconscious? Have you had trouble manipulating a semi-auto handgun? How efficient is your loading, reloading, and unloading skills? Read along and Watch the video to learn more!
Has it been awhile since you’ve worked a handgun and need to knock some rust off? Or Maybe you don’t want to teach someone yourself for fear of upsetting your buddy or your SPOUSE! Let me help you! LOL
Well, if so, this video is for you!
Today, I’m showing you the basics of loading, reloading and unloading a modern semi-auto handgun. I’m demo’ing with my Glock 19 Gen 5. The only accessories or mods I have with it are Trijicon Night Sights and a Surefire 300xl Ultra weapon light.
Here are some Key phrases that can help you with loading these handy little tools:
Safety First -
• Finger Discipline & Muzzle Management
• Gun in GUN HAND; Ammo in the other
• Grab Magazine Finger tip to Bullet Tip
• Ensure Mag is seated w a Tap
• Grab top of Slide with Gross Motor Skills aka “Big Dumb Movement”, palm behind ejection port. Thumb facing you. • USE Push (with gun hand) & Pull (with the other) RIP the slide to the rear maximizing full guide rod spring compression and RELEASE it. This will load a round in chamber.
• Conduct a Press Check- once again pull with support hand and pull back on slide to inspect chamber for round.
• Release Slide and tap on back of slide to ensure slide is “in battery” meaning fully forward and engaged.
• Safety First: Finger Discipline & Muzzle Management
• Drop the Magazine with Mag Release “An Empty Mag is a Dead Mag” let it drop
• Rip the Slide- as you did in loading 3x to extract the round from chamber (if slide is forward).
• Using Slide Catch push up and lock slide open as you are pulling slide to rear.
• Drop Empty Mag
• Retrieve Loaded Mag
• Repeat Loading Procedures
There are several ways to explain these steps. I have found my methods and phrases used to be most beneficial for hundreds of thousands of students over the years and have passed this down to several of my instructors to implement as well.
I trust you can glean some value from this video and instruction and pass on the skills to those around you to keep them safe and successful!
Please Click the subscribe button on my video to stay up to date with my content for you!
Like, Comment and Share also to help spread the gospel of great gun handling to your friends and families!
Well, thats all I got for you today.
Evolve Your Skills & Evolve Yourself,
Stephen D. Powell ~ The GunLife Coach