Tac Med Response
This course was developed to answer the call for so many everyday carry students that have the desire and ability to self care or care for others in a life threatening environment.
You will learn an intro level of human anatomy basics and physiology, of pertinent bodily injuries, immediate treatment, a proper med kit (IFAK), the right content, principles of mass casualty and emergency comms.
This is a full hands on course for medical and threat response. All students must have a solid foundation of their handgun fundamentals and be able to adapt to the physical conditioning for the live fire/trauma assessment and response scenarios. This is an Intermediate to advanced course.
This course is taught solely in a range environment where you will undergo multiple real world scenarios created to prepare you for one handed pistol operations, seeking cover & concealment, multiple threats, tourniquet application and trauma assessment.
MEDICAL PORTION OF COURSE TAUGHT BY CERTIFIED MED STAFF, licensed Nurse, TECC Instructor.
MED Portion Overview
- IFAK Contents, Do's & Don's (geographical needs)
- IFAK placement / types and options
- Medical anatomy box (tourniquets, chest seals & plugging holes
- S&S of Mass Blood Loss
- Addressing Gunshot wounds arm/leg, abdomen, chest, eye injuries
- Non trauma related issues (broken bones & more)
- Triage Mass Casualties (active shooter scenario)
- 911 Communication skills
- Serviceable concealable or Mid/Full Size Semi Auto pistol
- 4-6 magazines
- strong side hip holster, appendix carry & appropriate mag pouches
- 250-300rds of ammunition
- Eye & Ear Pro
- Weather appropriate brimmed hat & clothing
- Mag loader
- hydration and snacks and sunscreen
- Personal Med Kit (IFAK)
Course Length 8 Hours
Course Fee 274.99