This course is designed for new handgun owners who have had zero to minimal exposure to training or for shooters who've not been sending rounds down range for quite awhile.
Functional Pistol is a strong fundamental course providing shooters with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to confidently and safely handle their firearm. The class is conducted solely on the range which I've learned is the best environment for learning our range is the classroom.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand and demonstrate solid pistol handling and safety. You will accomplish more than you think in your proficiencies with a positive atmosphere in a motivating learning environment as I coach you to success.
This is a fun and relaxed course designed for your confidence building and establishing a strong foundation to your shooting success.
- Initial Shooter Analytics
- Firearms & Medical Safety Brief
- Pistol Manipulation
- Malfunctions & Reloads
- Drawstroke Application
- Understanding Contextual Training
- Defensive Mindset
- Knowing your Shooting Foundation
- Shot Placement Anatomy
- Functional Skills & Drills
- One handed & Ambidextrous Pistol Operations
- Serviceable midsize to full-size Pistol (semi auto and/or revolver)
- 2-3 magazines (speed loaders are helpful)
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Ear and eye protection (electronic Over ear preferred)
- Weather appropriate clothing
- A proper strong side hip holster or appendix carry (no cross draw or shoulder holsters without prior approval)
- Opposing Magazine Pouches