Low Light Operations
Over 50% of real world shootings occur during low light situations.
This class is designed to provide you with the techniques and experience to be effective in these situations.
This course will cover utilizing a firearm with a flashlight, alternate light sources (ex. street lights, car lights, and ambient lighting), and the tactical advantage of complete darkness.
After completion of this course you will understand the application and uses of weapon light/flashlight techniques. You will also be able to demonstrate proper weapon manipulation in low light or darkness.
Subjects covered in this class include:
- Types of flashlights, weapon light, night sights, accessories, etc.
- Tactical handgun flashlight techniques (handheld/mounted)
- Weapon manipulation with a flashlight
- Use of cover and concealment with a flashlight
- Accurately engaging targets in low/no light situations from various positions
- Avoiding the pitfalls of shooter illumination (light discipline)
- Review of the fundamentals of marksmanship
- Threat assessment & avoidance
- Situational awareness and defensive mindset
- Physiological and psychological aspects of an armed conflict